AN 8,600-ACRE BACKYARD!
VISIT THE KICKAPOO VALLEY RESERVE
It's true. Adjacent to the Village of
La Farge is the Kickapoo Valley Reserve - 8,600 acres of natural beauty. You won't miss the swing sets, fences,
water parks, or traffic jams once you see these backyard views.
The Reserve offers something for all outdoor enthusiasts:
- Hiking at its best - varied terrain, great views, and plenty of variety. Follow the trails or create your own adventure. Don't forget your compass and plenty of water!
- Canoe or kayak the Kickapoo River - the scenery is beautiful and the River is a relaxing paddle.
- Bike the roads or trails - traffic is light but the hills are heavy on the state, county and town roads that intersect throughout the Reserve. The trails are a challenge for the mountain biking amateur and "worth-the-scenery" for the experts.
- Ride horses or mules through the rustic trails - the Reserve offers over 30 miles of horseback riding trails. The steep terrain and river crossings offer a great experience for riders of all skill levels.
- Test your identification skills - Flora and Fauna prevail on the Reserve. Over 100 species of nesting birds have been observed (how many can you identify?); wildflowers are spectacular throughout spring, summer and fall.
- Hunt and fish the land - public hunting and fishing are allowed throughout the Reserve in accordance with State of Wisconsin Fish and Game Regulations.
- Snowmobile, snowshoe or cross country ski the winter blues away - 14 miles of snowmobile trail winds through the Reserve; snowshoeing and cross country skiing is not limited by trails (we think it's more fun to blaze your own).
Come play in La Farge's big backyard!
For more information, access the
Reserve's Web Site
Village of La Farge|
P.O. Box 37
La Farge, Wisconsin 54639
Copyright © 1999-2014 - Village of La Farge. Revised March
compliments of Vernon Telephone